Saturday, April 14, 2012

Prosecutors and Defense Attorneys

This week has featured drama involving both prosecutors and defense attorneys.

My sermon manuscript, which I wrote on Tuesday, features only a defense attorney. When I preach at church this morning I will include something about the prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case who announced the murder charge this week.

There is an appropriate role for both prosecution and defense, for the stern upholding of justice and the protection and redemption of the accused.

I think our primary role as followers of Jesus is closer to that of a defense attorney than a prosecutor.

A request to readers.  If you think it appropriate, would you mind posting a link to this blog on facebook some time? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

John

No comments: