Friday, February 10, 2012

God Almighty

Sermon at North Hill Adventist Fellowship on January 21, 2012.

This was the first in a series I'm doing on Pictures of God in the Bible.

I still have not polished the manuscript for this sermon. You can listen to it if you wish. Just follow the link for the audio.

I compare God to Mt. Rainier. Here in the Northwest, we celebrate its beauty. In July and August, it's meadows are full of flowers. It is a most inviting, lovely place.

There are other times when the mountain becomes a terrifying force. Even those most intimate with it cower. Sometimes intimacy with the mountain is a lesson in our nothingness and insignficance.

This is not my preferred picture of God, but I think it is an important element of a complete understanding of God.


No comments: